Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lookbook Interview- Marissa Skarzinski





What does fashion mean to you?

Fashion means the world to me even though I wouldn't say I'm particularly chic and fashion-forward. So much goes into an outfit and looking good and the amount of confidence you put in to a look. That's what fashion means to me, I suppose, being able to construct an image for yourself and feeling confident and happy with the outcome.


Who are some of your favorite designers?


Marc Jacobs. Deisel, and recently Billabong has put out a good line of beach-casual stuff. And Obey. Always Obey.

What are some of your favorite clothing stores/catalogs/websites?


KARMALOOP! I got an exclusive account recently and it's amazing. It's the only place I buy Obey from anymore. Besides that, Swell and Forever 21. I try to keep my purchases cheaper, which is sort of rare I guess if I really wanted to be popular on lookbook.



Do you consider yourself an artist?



I do consider myself an artist. In November I made a band camp for my music project titled Mindless Mumbles. I believe that's on it's 3rd album. I've taken many art classes and really enjoy charcoal drawing, but my number one passion is writing. Mostly poetry (and yes, I've heard all the Sylvia Plath jokes I care to hear)

What are your favorite colors to work with and why?

I really love pastels with greys and blacks because it allows one color to become the focus. I don't like to stand out often so most days I opt for floral patterns, because they're timid enough for people to notice but not really stop and admire.

Where can readers find out more about you and your work?

I spend too much time on the internet. Obviously you can find me on lookbook, or also on Tumblr. My poetry here and my music here.

What are your likes and dislikes?


Likes? In general I like water. I'm from the east coast and live right by the water so it's pretty vital to my existence. Other than that I like hiking, going out with friends, popsicles, and skin.
Dislikes? I suppose I don't like birds very much. Spiders. Needles. Normal things for people to dislike.

What outfit were you most proud of?

Most proud- the outfit I wore to hoochfest with pastel shorts and lacey floral top.


Which outfit were you least proud of?

Least favorite? Man, I guess probably what I wore today. I didn't put it up yet and it might not see the light of lookbook's day. Frumpy beige shorts and a grey urban outfitters tank top. nothing snazzy.


Where do you hope to be with your fashion? [Modeling, fashion designing, top lookbooker, ect]

I hope I can just continue learning about fashion. It's always nice to get compliments, but all I aspire to do with fashion is really just look and feel good about it. However, more hype never hurt anyone.


What advice would you offer aspiring fashion designers/lovers?



Advice to everyone everywhere: People are just people. Don't let anyone get you down and don't pay attention to what anyone says or does. People are just people.







© 2012. All rights reserved.