Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Interview: Hadessah Addler

ISRAELI MODEL: HADESSAH ADDLER
 
STATS
BIRTH PLACE: Tel Aviv, Israel
SHOOTS: 12
AGE: 23
 
INTERVIEW
 
What first got you interested in modeling?
 
"Well to be honest, I wasn't interested in modeling. I started off wanting to go into photography. I got a job working for shooting agency in Cincinnati where they agreed to let me work on a probation period with them. I started off with just cleaning and arranging equipment and eventually they allowed me to take small minor shots for them. One night I was working over time and goofing off with a friend in the runway room. I started doing the catwalk while my friend "took pictures" with his phone. Neither of us knew that Dantes [the manager at the time] was in the back of the room behind the audio booth! That launched my "career" in modeling."
 
 
What does Fashion mean to you?
 
Fashion is relative! It is personal, therefore there should be no "standard" of what is fashion and what is not. Some like to wear skirts, some like to wear jeans. *Laughs* Actually, just let me quote lyrics that describes my idea of fashion perfectly! "Different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby"
 
 
How did it feel to be one of the few models representing Israeli style at Fashion Week 2013- Italy?
 
Well at first I felt like I was a little over looked. I can't really say that I truely blame them. Israeli fashion is rarely in the spotlight if at all. I suppose when you hide away naturally people assume nothing "worthwhile" comes from Israel. However, I think that we got their attention after a while.
 


 

Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from? What's your educational background? What are your general professional and non-professional interests?

Well, I was born in Tel Aviv, but lived most of my life in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is a great city! I attended Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati for 3 years. I'm studying Early Childhood Education [I could never teach teenagers! *Laughs*] My life is made up of music, photography, fashion and travel. Oh, and I have a strong interest in Oreos!
 
How would you define your city's fashion?

I live in Holon as of right now and I would define it's style as... classic. Classic meaning t-shirts and jeans! *Laughs*
 
How do you prepare for a fashion shoot or show?
 
Typically I get up early in the morning [as I always do to run] and try to get to the destination on time. Once I'm there, they take me to the dressing room and leave me there with a bag of Oreos and a TV for about an hour while they set up the cameras. Then my makeup artist and stylist come in and "fix me up." This normally takes about two hours. Once they've dolled me up I go on set and do whatever is shouted at me. Nothing truely special about the prep time.
 
Fun/Silly Facts
 
* Big Mac's or Whoppers? Whoppers!!
 
* Is Elvis really dead? That is a disturbing thought! Yes.
 
*How many licks does it take to get to the middle of a tootsie pop? Three!
 
*If you could speak to one type of animal, what would it be? Spiders! So I could tell them to F*ck off!
 
*Decaf Coffee or Regular? Regular. What is the point of decaf?!
 
*Math or English? English!!
 
*Do you prefer to play video games or board games? Board games! Clue, Mouse Trap, etc.
 
*Do you prefer Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Lord of the Rings! Omg, Legolas [Orlando Bloom!] I was sorely upset to find The Hobbit is in two parts. Now I wait in anticipation for part two.
 
 
Special Thanks To:
My Mom [who inspired my love for fashion in the place] and my brothers who are always ready to let me know when I am having a bad hair day! My roomate and best friend Dina B. for saving me from fashion disasters numerous times and for the late night crazy stuff! Elad C. for being there for me since I was "knee high to an ant." Amzi Yokobovitch for sticking with me during Fashion Week 2013. You were an amazing support! Kevin R. for being everything good in my life and making life beautiful again. My boys Matan O. - Diego C. - Lior A. and Yoni P. You guys keep my life interesting! Eden B. for making me laugh at all the right times. You seriously make my day! Shiraz A. for putting up with my Bull and naming Charlie for me! I would have named him something rediculous. [Miss you!] Yakir A. for not allowing me to have my pity parties when I want to. [I'm such a winner!] Shiloh K. for somehow being my personal teenage fan club leader! Your admiroration of me is humbling and extolling! Hope I can keep it real for you. Starbucks for saving me so many times and always being there for me during those long flights, late shoots and studying hours. You + Me = Us Forever! Gilbert Hugo Photography - Gabriella Photography - Amore Photography - Adidas Women - YouCanBookMe - Marci Oulets - Cosco Designs and everyone else that I wish but cant fit here! Kisses!